Week 8 Reading and Writing

I think I do struggle to really pull more from the readings into my own stories, but I am really enjoying the way my stories are turning out. I love our writing assignments because they allow me to be creative and take things in different directions. I am also happy with the way my project is going, although every time I sit down to write it, I come up with new ideas so I am still stuck in the weeding out process of writing the stories. I like my topic a lot, but it is specific enough to give me a structure but not too specific so that I can still explore different stories - especially different ways of storytelling/different storytellers. I like being able to do different voices in my stories, though I am not opposed to the single storyteller.
My biggest accomplishment for this class, so far, is just being able to write stories that are my own. Sometimes I get too caught up in a prompt but I have really been able to make these stories my own, only having the source listed in the author's note.
I am not sure that I have a favorite reading, but I really liked the Ramayana (Sita holds a lot of interest for me).
I do like my reading notes because I feel like I am really beginning to think more like a writer instead of just as a reader. I still need to keep my readers in mind sometimes though!


Image Information: Cosmological Mandala with Mount Meru (Middle), Picryl
I really like the Cosmological Mandala because it is really simple but extremely beautiful. It also isn't like your average mandala, which I found really fascinating because it is so different. I connected its unexpected difference to the way that Indian Mythology is perceived, and even how I perceived it before starting this class, as otherworldy when compared with other myths. But it actually can be compared and it isn't as foreign as I thought it would be.

I am looking forward to more readings and working on my project. I think I just need to buckle down a little more and focus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction of The Ridiculous Goose

Week 7 Story: The Pandavas Gang